Friday, July 2, 2010

Lately...

Lately I've . . .

explored new parts of San Diego
found myself obsessed with Ernest Hemmingway
experimented with cooking... and its all been delicious :)
been discontent and longing for home
started planning for Hunger and Homelessness Awareness Week
thought so much about the past
destroyed all my opponents at card games
watched foreign films with subtitles
consumed an unhealthy amount of coffee before 7:00 am every morning
forgotten to drive with my top down
bonded with an Autistic 6 year old girl named Midnight
cried more than once
had a lot of time to reflect on who I am becoming
remembered James A. Barrera and how he changed my life
sung at the top of my lungs in the early morning on my way to work
taken long walks up and down the bay at sunset
questioned people's intentions and my own expectations
laughed uncontrollably during a game of kings cup
day dreamed about being in love
accomplished my goal of spending less than 100 dollars a month on groceries
fallen in love with a cafe called Lestats
said "see ya later alligator" no less than 7 times a day
danced away my sadness
enjoyed going to bed early and waking up even earlier
told myself over and over t.b.i.y.t.c.
wanted to go back to Norway, but only for a little while
swam in the ocean in the middle of the night
learned to trust my surroundings
not had the chance to lay out at the beach
become more independent and happy with being by myself
realized things are not always what they seem
heard the words "I love you" come out of the mouths of children
worked on being a better version of me
missed my best friend




No comments:

Post a Comment