Monday, September 27, 2010

Excitement.


I gave up studying for Dr. Reifer's impossible midterm well before 9:00pm.
(I got as far as defining 4 terms)
So I attempted to learn the lyrics to Tupac's Changes but then gave up on that too.
(I originally figured it might be beneficial to dictate these words on my midterm. Bonus points anyone?)

Because I epically failed at both the above I figured I'd make tonight productive by consuming half a box of wheat thins in less than 10 minutes and listening to Donavon Frankenreiter on repeat.

Life. Love. Laughter.

I had a good conversation with my best friend Saturday night about life and death. Which soon turned into an even better conversation about love. Which ultimately ended in laughter.
He pretends he doesn't know, but I adore him.
And I am forever thankful for our honest conversations even when they do happen at 2:30 in the morning.

Anyways. I also made tonight productive by thinking of everything I'm excited about.
Which wouldn't be tomorrow.
(There is nothing good about Tuesdays, they are the worst of my week every week. In fact, if I could eliminate any day it would be Tuesday. I hate Tuesdays.)
But I love Wednesdays!
I can't wait for Wednesday morning coffee with Rob.
(Although I'm probably gonna have to order my summer beverage of choice because of this out of place weather.)
For Wednesday afternoon playing with Titus and Piper.
(I missed them today :/)
And for Wednesday night spent in the library with 90% of my classmates frantically cramming for the midterm none of us believe we'll pass anyways.

I'm excited for Thursday after 10:45 am.
(my midterm will be over by then)
To watch a movie in my controversial english class and play in the computer lab during Stats.
I'm excited for a really good conversation with Kara during dead hours in CASA.
And I'm excited for the possibility of going out Thursday night.

I'm excited for my 10 yoga sessions with Doodle.
To go to Boston for the Resolve Conference in November.
For my (yet to be planned) trip to DC in January.
To push through the intimidating applications for life after college.
For my sister to visit me in the near future.
To find out if James really got housing through the 100,00 Homes Campaign.

I'm excited for cold weather.
For Christmas lights, pine trees, and fires.
I'm excited for Pumpkin Spice Lattes,
Jumping in rain puddles and spinning in circles with my arms stretched wide.
For trips to the snow, good books to read, and New Year Resolutions.
I'm excited to get to know someone new,
to relinquish my awkwardness, and embrace the unknown.

I'm excited and ready for so much.
I just need to get through tomorrow :)

Now that I have exhausted what little energy I had after spending an hour and a half in Dr. Reifer's office begging for test answers I think I'll go to bed because I'm excited for that too.




1 comment:

  1. and I'm excited to
    ... run into you randomly on campus
    ... schedule another walk
    ... have a Saturday Night REDO!!! (SERIOUSLY... SO FUN!!)
    ... come home and find you on the couch :):) {hint hint hint}

    ... have an AMAZING senior year with you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ... ensure that our friendship lasts forever :D:D:D

    ReplyDelete