Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Gounded.


I made it through sleepless nights, hours of studying, and too much caffeine.

I wore beautiful dresses, put on makeup, drank one too many alcoholic beverages, and danced the nights away.

I put on a smile, held back my tears, sat through mass, and watched my amazing friends walk across the stage and graduate.

I packed up all of my stuff, moved out of my jail cell, and settled into my Mission Boulevard address.

I gave away a million hugs and I said a million "I love you"s.
I was included in something that wasn't my own.
I felt whole and I felt alive. I felt loved and I felt happiness.

I said my last goodbyes.

The excitement ceased, the tears began to flow, and the memories unfolded.
Prayers were said, hands were held, and sleep swelled over my tired heart.

I woke up this morning grounded.
Grounded in reality.
Grounded in the reality of change, of life, of the future.

I felt abandoned but I know I am not.
I felt angry but didn't know at who.
I felt sad and wanted the world to stop because life was too perfect before.

I am grounded.
Grounded in reality.
Grounded in the reality of having roommates and no longer living alone.

I sit across from Kara as we read our respective books.
I lay in bed and catch up on old TV shows while she blogs.
I come home to smiles and "how was your day?"s.

My new reality isn't all bad, all lonely, all uncertain and strange.
My new reality is just that. NEW. REAL.

14 steps to the beach.
A warm cozy house.
Roommates.
New experiences.
Old friends.
Grounded.
In.
Reality.

T.B.I.Y.T.C.

No comments:

Post a Comment