Friday, September 16, 2011

What I Want.

I want to stand at the bow of a ship with my arms stretched wide as the sea scented wind blows viciously through my hair.

I want to sit with my knees to my chest and my head tilted to the right staring out an airplane window at the swiss alps thousands of miles below.

I want to run along the colorado river at the bottom of the Grand Canyon with drops of sweat trickling down my spine.

I want to dance to a silent soundtrack on the top of the tallest building in the darkest city with only the stars to light up the sky.

I want to lay flat on my back in a field of wildflowers listening to the love songs of feathered creatures.

I want to write a column and have readers country wide hear what is in my head and my heart.

I want to watch the sun rise and then set on the same day from exactly the same location.

I want to float without effort in the Dead Sea under the blistering Jordan sun.

I want to shout from the top of a mountain and hear the echo bounce through the peaks and valleys.

I want to mother a foster child and shower his magnificent soul with more love than he ever thought possible.

But first, I want to twirl around in a vintage dress in front of a full length mirror with flowers in my hair.

And I want to stand at the entrance of a beautiful church as Catch the Wind by Donavon plays softly in the background.

And I want to witness the expression on his face as I walk awkwardly towards him...

Because all I really want, despite how vivid my other dreams are, is to fall desperately in love and to stay that way for the rest of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment