Monday, March 7, 2011

Love.

If nothing else, I believe in love.

I believe in the love of my mommy and that of my daddy
in the love of my siblings and extended family

The ultimate kind of love. Unconditional in every sense. Forever. For always.

I believe in the love of the boy who wiped away my tears, held me, then made me laugh
... in the love of the friend who answered her phone over and over and prayed aloud for me without knowing why.
... in the love of the community who held mass in my name, prayed for my family, and reminded me that I was in their thoughts.

The love of friendship. Of understanding without knowing. Of recognizing without questioning.

I believe in the love of simple gestures... like hugs, cups of hot chocolate, and distracting stories.

I believe there is love in peace, in solace, in sadness.
I believe there is love in hate, in misery, in anger.

I believe there is love in security and in uncertainty.
I believe there is love in my tears and in my laughter.

If nothing else, I believe in love.

I believe in my mommy and my daddy
in my siblings and my extended family.

I believe in love.
Because I see it.
Because I feel it.
Because I give it.

1 comment: